Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
Join the team that manages all initiatives happening on the front-of-house application. Our website is run as an operationally excellent service serving internal teams at Mapbox as well as connecting external customers with our services, sales, and support teams.
Mapbox.com is a popular web destination that provides an incredible opportunity to innovate and engage with visitors looking for location solutions. There’s almost no limit to the way our services can be arranged to solve business problems across many verticals. This team specializes in demonstrating some of those ways we can solve those problems for our visitors. We lead many brand initiatives that involve the delivery of creative work across a variety of mediums and online channels.
We’re looking for a talented graphic designer with expertise in creating motion graphics and other visual effects. You should have experience designing for the web and strong opinions around usability and UX. Equally important is your ability to understand our products and services by putting yourself in the shoes of the customer.
What You'll Do
Mapbox is looking for an experienced graphic designer with motion graphics experience to join the team in managing the front-of-house. You’ll be joining the team responsible for the future look and feel of the website, and have a role in developing the brand further.
In this role, you will:
- Join daily scrum meetings to sync on projects and report on blocking issues
- Proactively recommend initiatives aligned with team and company goals
- Empathize with internal and external customers to deliver designs that meet their requirements while enhancing their requests with your experience as a designer.
- Find opportunities to share your strengths with your colleagues looking for opportunities to cross-train and pair on projects.
- Help Mapbox maintain a consistent design aesthetic across all mediums and channels
- Contribute to team planning meetings with strong opinions about the design direction of future projects and overall brand identity
- Introduce quality control measures to drive improved operational excellence for the service
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Strong opinions regarding design for web, ads, email, and other digital mediums.
- Ability to reduce complicated processes to its simple components and illustrate it in a way that is easy for visitors to understand.
- Self-starter, that can work independently on projects requesting feedback when it is needed
- Experience with design tools like Cinema4D, Figma and Principle, Adobe Creative Suite
- Awareness of design trends improving form and function while increasing accessibility
- Comfortable working on a distributed team scheduled meetings and asynchronous communication tools
- Strong communication skills in English, using internal communication tools to keep teams up to date on projects
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.